Tea Tree Oil for Yeast Infections – How to get rid of yeast infections naturally!
I bet you a 100 bucks that you didn’t know you could use tea tree oil for yeast infection, right?! Three out of four women suffer from yeast infection at least once in their lifetime, and if you’re one of those three women, this article will show you how treatment can be done naturally by using these simple but effective tea tree oil for yeast infections recipe.
All bodies contain a healthy dose of yeast and bacteria. Candida albicans is a fungus that is normally present in the body in small amounts, and, the bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus helps keep other organisms under control. Yeast infection occurs when the normal healthy production of organisms in the vagina, and the sensitive balance of the body’s good and bad bacteria are disturbed. Some common causes for the imbalance could be due to poor diet, increased exposure to stressful times. a recurrent yeast overgrowth, frequent usage of birth control pills, or due to an increased usage of antibiotics. When a yeast infection occurs, women experience localized itching, redness or swelling of the genitals, a distinct smelly or yeasty discharge, or a white discharge resembling the consistency of cottage cheese. Symptoms may also include pain or burning sensation when passing urine.
The female body has the power to self-regulate and adjust the production of good bacteria to maintain optimum health, especially in the vaginal area. Though media advertises the douches, scented gels, perfumes, and other feminine products as essential to staying clean, it is not proven to do so. The usage of these products may cause infections and lead to an imbalance of the pH in the vagina. Some women may misdiagnose yeast infection as a sexually transmitted disease. It is best to consult the physician to get their expert diagnosis.
Several research studies show that the essential oil extracted from the tea tree leaves may act as an anti-fungal and help cure yeast infection. Its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties help fight different types of yeast infections.
Here’s how to use tea tree oil for yeast infection natural treatment
1. Tea tree oil for yeast infections – antifungal powder:
- Four drops thyme essential oil.
- Four drops oregano essential oil.
- A half cup of baking soda or cornstarch.
- Mix all of the above in a jar.
- For yeast infection under the breast area, sprinkle the powder on after showering and drying the skin.
- For yeast infection in the vagina, sprinkle the powder on clean cotton pantiesbefore wear. Apply twice a day daily, making sure to change into clean cotton panties each time.
- Note: if you experience any irritation or sensitivities, discontinue useimmediately.
- Tea tree oil for yeast infections – tea tree oil tampon:
- Mix three drops of tea tree essential oil in one-third cup of warm water.
- Soak an organic cotton tampon in the liquid.
- Gently insert the tampon into the vagina and leave overnight.
- This creates a soothing application, reducing irritation and localised inflammation.
- Reapply tampon every night for three to four days to reduce inflammation.
- Note: while this method may offer relief and soothing from itching and pain for some women, others may be sensitive to the tea tree oil. Discontinue use immediately if any irritations or discomfort are experienced.
3. Tea tree oil bath:
- Fill a bathtub with just enough warm water to cover up to pelvis in a seated position.
- Add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil with one teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Mix the oils in the tub of water.
- Sit down in the water for 15 minutes to get soothing relief.
- Repeat this bath for three to four days until the infection subsides or clears.
Tea tree oil can cause allergic reactions in people with sensitive skin. Please test a small amount on your skin before using to see if you react to it. Do not ingest tea tree oil, as it can cause toxicity.
Incoming search terms:
- tea tree oil and toothache