How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Seborrheic Dermatitis Treatment Naturally!
What is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
Seborrheic dermatitis is a skin condition resulting in a flaky and red skin. Predominantly occurring in scalp area, this condition may also be seen in other parts of the body such as the face, upper chest, back, neck, and creases of arms, legs and groin. Seborrheic dermatitis is also commonly known as dandruff. Other conditions include seborrheic eczema and seborrheic psoriasis. The cradle cap seen in newborn and infants is also a similar condition. This article will shed light on how you can effectively use tea tree oil for Seborrheic Dermatitis treatment
Seborrheic dermatitis symptoms include flaky, crusted, reddened skin, and also appearing greasy or oily. This condition causes intense itchiness and tends to be visible to people around, through the telltale white flakes on clothing. Hence, dandruff is known to cause embarrassment for the sufferer. Scratching the areas lead to further inflammation and causes spreading of the infection. The condition can be treated using a combination of medicated shampoo and ointments.
The cause of this condition is not clear as of yet, however, certain triggers have been associated with it. Triggers include diabetes, antibiotics or other medications, a weakened immune system due to surgery, neurological disease, psychiatric conditions, some cancers, or congestive heart failure. Seborrheic dermatitis, however, is not contagious. If the condition seems to be worsening or spreading to other parts of the body, it is best to consult a general physician or a dermatologist to diagnose and receive medications to control the condition. In some instances, the condition may be considered as chronic, and will have a relatively low chance of being fully cured.
home remedies for seborrheic dermatitis using tea tree oil recipes
There are many home remedies for seborrheic dermatitis, but none of them can come close to using tea tree oil for the base recipe! Due to its properties, tea tree oil can effectively eradicate seb dem in the shortest possible time. Most people have reported positively satisfying testimonies after a strict treatment course, apple cider vinegar seborrheic dermatitis recipe might also do the job, but it often is very harsh on most skins.
But, before starting the treatment course there are certain factors which you must consider:
Avoid use of harsh chemicals, soaps, shampoos and makeup products, to prevent flare-up of the condition. Wearing good quality and loose fitting cotton clothing seems to help some people. Cotton allows for free air flow and can aid the healing and recovery process. Beyond taking precautionary measures and change in lifestyle, there are a number of home remedies, one of such is using Tea Tree Oil for Seborrheic Dermatitis recipe, which has the natural ability to control fungus and bacteria.
These methods can be applied for the treatment of baby cradle cap using tea tree oil
If you want to use tea tree oil for baby cradle cap, then substitute the antifungal shampoo to your normal baby’s shampoo. Alternatively, instead of adding tea tree oil to shampoo, you can buy a finished shampoo product which clearly states tea tree oil as the active ingredient.
- To one tablespoon of anti-fungal shampoo, add 3 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Wet hair with warm water.
- Apply shampoo mixture to add and gentle massage into scalp for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, using extreme care to ensure that the solution does not get near or into eyes or mouth.
- Air dry hair.
- Repeat this process every two days to see marked improvement.
Tea tree oil ointment
- To nine parts of a carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oil, add one part tea tree essential oil.
- Mix well and apply to affected areas.
- Leave it on for about 5-10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water or wipe with a warm and moist towel. If skin appears too greasy, you may wash off with a gentle cleanser.
- Do not apply them near eyes or mouth, and apply caution that it is not accidentally ingested.
- To test if this solution is effective on your skin and does not cause any irritation, apply a small amount behind your ear, wait 5-10 minutes, and check your skin reaction.
Tea Tree Oil for Seborrheic Dermatitis Recipe: face wash
- Add 1-3 drops of tea tree oil to half a cup of purified water.
- Soak a cotton pad with the solution and gently dab it on to the skin.
- Allow it to air dry for the most effective relief.
- Alternatively, the solution may be washed off with cool water.
By altering your diet and harsh chemical usage, and sticking to our Tea Tree Oil for Seborrheic Dermatitis recipes, you should be able to notice a distinct improvement in the infected areas in less than 2 weeks. If after two weeks yet no noticeable results, please discontinue this remedy procedures and consult your doctor.
Incoming search terms:
- seborrheic dermatitis caused by tea tree oil
- tea tree oil for seborrheic dermatitis
- tea tree oil for seborrheic dermatitis treatment
- Tea tree oil for treatment seborriec dermatitis