Tea Tree Oil for Ear Infection – Earache remedy with Tea Tree Oil
Ear infections are also known as acute otitis media and are caused by bacterial or viral infection of mostly the middle ear. The middle ear is an air-filled space between the eardrum and the bones of the ear. Ear infections are much more common in children than adults, and mostly occur following a cold, flu or allergic reaction, Tea tree oil for earaches is a quick remedy and TTO can be safely used externally on children..
Symptoms of ear infections include ear pain, difficulty sleeping, drainage of fluid from the ear, diminished hearing ability, headaches or loss of balance. If there are signs of pus or blood in ear drainage, severe ear pain or persistent symptoms, then you will need to visit your doctor. Ear infections can clear up on their own, although antibiotic may be needed in severe cases. Also, if an ear infection is prolonged, it can cause permanent hearing problems and other severe complications. Serious complications include the spread of the infection to neighbouring tissue including the mastoid, skull and the brain as well as meningitis. Due to the potential of antibiotic resistance, doctors may not immediately prescribe antibiotics, leaving patients with using over-the-counter medications or natural remedies.
Tea tree oil for ear infection is an effective natural remedy for treating most ear infections. The oil contains anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that can directly target the ear infection. The oil also reduces inflammation, pain and irritation caused by the infection.
There are several approaches for treating ear infections with tea tree oil. However, before applying any of the approaches, it is important to ensure that you are not allergic to tea tree oil by performing a skin patch test.
Tea Tree Oil for Ear Infection Recipes
1. Tea Tree Oil, Olive Oil and Colloidal Silver Preparation
- Add 3 drops of tea tree oil, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of colloidal silver and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a pan.
- Warm the mixture and fill a dropper with the solution.
- While lying down on your side, dispense a few drops of the mixture into your ear.
- Remain resting for 5-10 minutes and do not move your head.
- Tilt your head to the side and let the excess fluid drain.
- Repeat the procedure with the other ear.
- You can use this preparation 3 times a day for 3 days.
- Tea Tree Oil and Olive Oil Preparation
- In a pan, add a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Rest your head on one side and dispense a few drops of the oil mixture into one ear.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Tilt your head to the side and let the excess oil drain.
- Repeat the procedure for the other ear.
- Repeat this once daily until symptoms subside.
- Tea Tree Oil Rub
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to 1 tablespoon of warmed olive oil.
- Using your finger, dab the oil solution on the back of the ear.
- Massage the oil gently into the back of the ear.
- Apply this as needed.
- Tea Tree Oil Steam
- Ear infections usually occur when there is an upper respiratoryinfection, sinus infection, or when exposed to a cold or viral infection.
- The tea tree oil steam helps to remove congestion and move mucus that is causing the sinus blockage and open airways.
- In a pan, boil a few cups of water.
- When the water has boiled, remove from heat.
- Inhale the water and tea tree oil vapour.If you experience persistent symptoms, fever or severe pain from an ear infection, do schedule an appointment to visit your physician.
Using tea tree oil for ear infection isn’t just effective, but also a cheap alternative. Tea tree essential oil is a natural occurring antibacterial.